Saturday, February 05, 2005

govtrack.us

In the past I've piddled around opensecrets.org and that MIT guy's now-defunct Open Government Information Awareness program, but never dug very deep, especially when the OGIA site went down. However, I stumbled across GovTrack, which pulls in tons of data from various places and allows you to monitor activity (bills, congressional debate records, etc...) based on issues or people. For example, I set up a monitor for California Senator Barbara Boxer and was shown all sorts of recent activities in which she participated or to which she is somehow related. I then did the same for Indiana Congressman Steve Buyer and found substantially different behavior to say the least...hah!

I would encourage all Americans who are interested in the activities of our government to look into GovTrack.us. It's what I'm going to start using in order to keep my ear to the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home